The poster and graphics for Israeli Apartheid Week 2020 by Hiba Walid Yassine.
Facebook Cover by Hiba Walid Yassine
Download the hi-res version of the horizontal poster by Hiba Walid Yassine in PDF.
Download the hi-res version of the vertical poster by Hiba Walid Yassine in PDF.
The IAW 2020 Information Pack
UN Special Rapporteurs on Human Rights in the OPT and other UN sources
- UN Special Rapporteur John Dugard, A/HRC/4/17 (29 Jan 2007)
- UN Special Rapporteur Richard Falk, A/HRC/16/72 (10 January 2011)
- UN Special Rapporteur Richard Falk, A/HRC/25/67 (13 January 2014)
- UN Committee on the Elimination of Racial Discrimination, Review of Israel (2012)
- Human Rights Council: Report, Independent Fact Finding Mission on the Israeli Settlements in the OPT, A/HRC/22/63 (7 February 2013)
- UN ESCWA report (2017) “Israeli Practices toward the Palestinian People and the Question of Apartheid”, ESCWA, March 2017 (removed from UN website upon instructions by the Secretary General)
Civil society sources (activist and academic)
- Palestinian BDS National Committee (BNC): Colonialism and Apartheid
- Ben White: Israeli Apartheid: A Beginner’s Guide, second edition (2014), Pluto Press
(you can watch a short presentation video here)
- Omar Barghouti: Boycott, Divestment, Sanctions: The Global Struggle for Palestinian Rights (2011), Haymarket Books.
For more advanced reading
- Russell Tribunal on Palestine, a people’s court, Cape Town Session (2011), summary of findings.
- John Dugard, John Reynolds: “Apartheid, International Law, and the Occupied Palestinian Territory”; in, European Journal of International Law (EJIL), 2013
- Birzeit University Institute of Law & Civic Coalition for Palestinian Rights in Jerusalem: “Guidelines for Advocating for Palestinian Rights in conformity with International Law” (2014)
- Diakonia: “Same Game, Different Rules Practices and Policies of Racial Discrimination by the Occupying Power in the Occupied Palestinian Territories; Legal Brief” (2016)
- “United against Apartheid, Colonialism and Occupation, Dignity and Justice for the Palestinian People – Palestinian Civil Society Strategic Position Paper” (2008) – prepared for the UN WCAR-Durban Review Conference in Geneva
- The Human Sciences Research Council of South Africa:
- “Occupation, Colonialism, Apartheid? A re-assessment of Israel’s practices in the occupied Palestinian territories under international law”, Human Sciences Research Council, May 2009
- Al Shabaka, Nadia Hijab & Ingrid Jaradat: “Talking Palestine: What Frame of Analysis? Which Goals and Messages?” (2017)
- Al Shabaka, Yara Hawari: “Apartheid from Within? The Palestinian Citizens of Israel” (2017)
- ECCP & Mundubat Fact Sheet: “Will Europe address Israeli Colonialism and Apartheid? The Case of Palestinian Jerusalem” (2017)